Stardew Valley Resource Tool
General Assembly Project
General Assembly, 2021
For the capstone project at General Assembly, we were required to make an application that used a frontend and database. I decided to begin developing an app I have wanted to build for almost 2 years.
In the Stardew Valley Resource Tool, users can calculate how many resources they need in order to craft an item for their farm. Users can search through a database of craftable items to find the one they want to build. Once they select an item, they can define how many they want to make and get the number of resources they need to make those items.
- Users can see a complete list of available craftable items on the Calculator page
- Users can search through all of the currently available craftable items to find a keyword match. In v1, search is limited to item name matches
- Search results replace the full item list with items that match the keyword typed
- Users can select a craftable item from the full list or research results list to view item details
- Users can calculate how many resources they need by inputting how many of the craftable items they would like to make. Calculations are automatic
- Fetch API
- Heroku Postgress
- VS Code
- Figma - Wireframes
- Notion - Project planning