Skills & Methodologies
- Design Systems
- Agile Development/Scrum
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- W3C Accessibility
- Data Visualization
- Visual Studio Code
- Sketch App
- Adobe Creative Cloud
I developed a tool to help Stardew Valley players plan the building of their farms. It allows them to calculate how many resources they need to collect to craft an item. Users can search through a database of craftable items to find the one they wish to build. Once they have selected an item, they can define how many they want to make, and the tool will calculate the number of resources they need to craft those items.
I developed Genshin Impact Inventory to allow players to track their most important items to help them optimize their character builds. Version one focuses on artifacts, one of the most important things you need to enable a character. While using this tool, a user can create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) artifacts from their inventories.
UX Design Contractor
January 2020 - May 2020
While at SHL, I worked with the Product and UX teams to develop a new product that helps clients find the right candidates for their team.
- Used Figma to develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, UI, and prototypes
- Created a componentized design system to enable the design team to quickly create mockups for ideation and development
- Created a dev guide to help developers build the elements and components in the newly established design system
July 2016 - August 2018
During my time at Gartner, I worked on TalentNeuron, a leading talent analytics web application used by recruiters, talent analysts, and other HR professionals. As a UI/UX Designer on the team, I was an active part in all aspects of the Design Thinking process.
- Developed a process between UX and Development that increased collaboration and equal compromise for difficult product features
- Defined a design system with a style guide and reusable components Created UI in Sketch, including design patterns and data visualizations
- Actively worked one-on-one with developers to meet the acceptance criteria defined by Product
- Worked in an Agile environment to ensure quick delivery and responsiveness for user and business needs
CEB, now Gartner
Web Design Contractor
April 2016 - June 2016
As a part of CEB’s Web Design Studio, I provided internal clients with web-based assets and designs to help support their business’ needs.
- Created custom sites using HTML & CSS while managing CMS constraints
- Maintained the design, content, and code of several conference microsites
- Used the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to perform a design audit of CEB’s public and member sites and created on-brand AA compliant or better design solutions
Graphic Designer; previously Graphic Design Intern
July 2014 – February 2015
While I was at Blue Water, I worked on the agency’s rebranding project, which included digital and print collateral products. I also designed several websites and provided UX and QA support.
- Identified usability and UI bugs for several websites that were in development
- Created wireframes in Balsamiq and web designs in Photoshop